Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Space Sounds/Sounds Space

In my search for ideas and inspiration for my Sci-Fi album project I've gotten to the point where I've simply written down any idea word that might give some kind of Sci-Fi feel or vibe. What I've come up with so far: freaky composition, sounds, voicings, odd/spacey harmonies, lush rhythms...  I have a few more ideas that are less easy to put into writing, but what I basically want to do is to picture deep, cold, space in a way that still doesn't seem to be a drained from life - there has got to be that little piece of civilization in it. No complete emptyness that is.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a VERY interesting project. I think of space as "cold", "enormous"... with 'radio waves', n' 'odd vibrations'. It can't be completely empty... there are myriad planets, black holes, red dwarfs, gas giants, nebulas... and other life forms :)

    thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is interesting... I like the idea and the framework, and it's really nice to write with a particular concept in mind.

    Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete